6.02.2013

Lots of Catching Up!

According to my name tag on the blog, it would appear as though my last post was.... in early December. 

Please accept my most sincere apology for that. 

We are desperately trying to get the blog up an running again, so in my own effort to restart, I'm going to go through my flickr and show you some of the photos that I've taken in the first half of the year. 
That way, I can focus all of my upcoming posts on new things that are happening :)

Do be warned, six months is a long time, and this post will be VERY long.

During the last six months I:

Molded and painted chocolates.
Chocolates, Anyone?
Babysat some adorable kids.
J & E

Forced my siblings to let me take a picture of all three of us.
I would have prefered all five, but that's like asking for daytime rain in the desert.
Remember that time I tortured my siblings?

Made myself stand in the cold for pictures in a new dress.
Silver Decorations

Turned 20 with my brother and some awesome cakes made by my mom. (Katniss: Girl on Fire for me and a little Duck Dynasty humor for my brother)

Birthday Cakes 2013

Birthday Cakes 2013

Took what will probably be my forever-favorite picture of my brother. It just demonstrates his personality perfectly.
Blake

Started learning a new language with a new alphabet.
Back to the Basics

Back to the Basics

Took some new pictures of two of my friends.
A Southern Winter

A Southern Winter

A Southern Winter

A Southern Winter

Played with black and white to learn more about color.
Refreshing

Tried a few new things.
Glancing Outward

Played in Photoshop a little.
Grow a Garden

Took some portraits of one of my sorority sisters.
Katie S.

Took some [adorable] self-portraits.
Hearts and Kisses

Sent a note to heaven.
Little Red Balloon

Got a little sad, and took pictures of it.
Disappointment

Watched spring creep in slowly...
Breaking Through

and then take over full force.
Spring Blooms

It's a Beautiful Day

More pictures of myself. I get a little bored sometimes.
It's late afternoon and we've got nothin' else to do

Visited my sister in NC and took some pictures of my niece.
Exploring

Gripping Flowers

Took photos for my photography class.
Steam

Flowers with Water

Flowers with Water

Took some pictures of my friends who wanted "family pictures"
The Boys

Forced my roommate outside so that I could get a few shots before they mowed the small field behind the dorms.
Olivia M.

Olivia M.

Did family pictures for a friend of mine and senior pictures for her sister.
Sisters

Lauren S.


Went to the senior dance concert at school (It was Fabulous!)
Senior Dance Concert

Created some cheesy images for my class portfolio.
Candy Wizard cropped cloud

Turned water into magic.
Add a Little Magic to the World


Helped some shelter puppies get adopted.
Hope for Paws Summer 2013

Hope for Paws Summer 2013

Moved into a new house and played with the lighting in my room.
It's Summer, I'll wear what I wish.

Started a new blog that features the meals I make for myself as a first-time "responsible" grownup.
You can check it out here. I took a little break memorial weekend, but I'll be starting up again on monday.
23 may 2013-5


Whew! Now I believe I am ready to really get back into this blog :)

~Karalee

6 comments:

  1. These photos are so gorgeous!!! <3

    xoxo,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know I'm a bit late, but I forgot to ask: What reflector do you use? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous!

    I have a question. How did you take that picture of the water spray? (what lens? what settings?)

    xo,
    RN

    www.rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember my settings for that shot, but they aren't what was important for it anyway. The key to that shot was the evening lighting. I was packing up my room when I happened to pick up the bottle and spray it when the light was coming in perfectly from the window. I took it in the evening a little before the sun went down, facing a few degrees away from the window that was letting in the glaring sunset. (and I mean GLARING, sunset was the brightest part of the day in that living room). The magic was catching the sun reflect off the water in just the right way.

      Delete
  3. Hi Karalee, glad to see that you are back! I love your photos, how do get your portraits to turn out so well? I am beginning to work with portrait photography and you are one of the big role models I have in this area! :)
    Hope you enjoy your day!
    ~Streak~

    http://lifeofsilverstreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of planning has to go into a portrait to make it a really good one. My tip for someone just starting out is always to study light. Not as in study a little bit, lol, but figure out how lighting affects the portrait and watch closely to how it shows in the eyes. If you have a hand held mirror, I might even suggest watching the catchlights in your own eyes while you stand by a window and gradually turn and move your head.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!