12.16.2012

Christmas is almost here. {a post by Rachel Nicole}

winner of the November photo challenge... Priya.
Thank you so much to Priya for entering. Because we got only one entry last time, there will be no November challenge. If you want us to continue doing them, you need to enter. It's a huge waste of my time if we get only one entry. Sorry, people.

I'm also sorry I didn't post on my day. Thursdays are quite busy for me, and I'm debating which day I should take (since we do have a lot of free days!)

We are in the process of getting the form ready for the people on the FTP waiting list. Thanks for being patient, everyone! 

Announcements are now over. 

the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures the first of Christmas pictures

Christmas is finally here!
Well, kind of.

What do you think? Favorite?
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is the second to last one, with the single light.
    I have a question to ask you, one that I do not remember reading in the D5100 manual, though I'm sure I was told. How do you change the shutter speed? Also, when I am trying to get Bokeh it focuses on me so I don't get it. Last night I sat in a chair clicking away trying desperately to get the picture I wanted but I couldn't get it.
    I enjoy reading this blog, maybe I'll do the next photo challenge if you have another one.
    ~Silverstreak~

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeel* I'm *so* happy you got the D5100!

    Okay, yeah, first of all, I do want to say, I got VERY frustrated with that manual. It tells you all sorts of stuff, but when you get to the (completely) manual settings, it doesn't give very much information on that. I couldn't find it, either!

    Now, to answer your question.
    You have to be on manual mode. (I'm not sure how many of those manual modes you can do it on, but I always use the completely manual mode [M]. It (by far) gives me the best results.)
    After you're on manual mode, you see that little twisty button? its notched and its in the top right corner of your camera back.
    Twist that.
    That's your shutter speed. :)

    A book I would recommend (if you're working in manual mode, or want to) is this book here (http://guidetoportraitphotography.com/)
    It's aimed at portrait photography, but there are chapters on using manual mode, too.
    With the buttons to change, though, I had to figure that out by myself. But I'd be willing to help you if you need any. :)

    As for bokeh, I did mine on the manual mode so that I could make the background black.
    For how to get bokeh, you need to have manual focusing on. Auto focus will always focus your picture. (If you want one thing in focus, I would do manual focusing, too. It just works better for those types of things!)

    There should be a switch on the side of your lens (did you get the kit lens?) one side says 'A' the other says 'M'. Switch it to 'M' and then focus with the lens.

    If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

    Oh, goody! We'd love it if you did! :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!