2.12.2012

How To Bokeh

Hey! I'm Sapphire, this is my first post on this new blog. Enjoy!

Bokeh. You have heard of it, haven't you? It's a technique of photography where you blur lights or ANYTHING that is slightly, ahem, twinkly. The blurring creates a type of photography called bokeh.

Those Circles, my friends, are bokeh.

There Are Many Ways To Take Bokeh. First: The DSLR

You Can Take Bokeh With A DSLR By Widening The Aperature. This Means You Will Have a SMALLER Number As Your Aperature. I Only Have One Successful Bokeh with a DSLR, I will try to add it at the bottom.

Well, Waddya Know, here it is now. I think it looks cool with a heart :) I DID NOT Edit this one. I Promise.

Step Two: How to bokeh with a digital, apeture-setting-less camera.

Set your camera, if possible, to manual focus (this works for DSLR's too) Or change the focus so it does not focus on items close up, or really focus at all. Get VERY close to your bokeh subject. On your camera screen, you should see the circles.


You can take bokeh pictures of ANYTHING!

This was taken of a scarf with sequins on it.

When you take bokeh with a DSLR, it is fun to have your camera focus on something OTHER than the lights. I'm not yet sure if this works for regular cameras, with practice it probably does. If you look at my DSLR picture, you will see that the camera focuses on my hand, and the lack of focus on the lights created the bokeh.


♥♥Sapphire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!