2.12.2012

Photography Tips

  Hello all!  Tis Carolyn.  =]  So, this is the first post you've seen from me, but I'm sure you all know of me, and you might've read my about me page, which is above.  =]

  I'm sure this will not be the only "Photography Tips" post you'll see, but here it goes anyways!  =]

1. Lighting

  Lighting is one of the most important things when it comes to photography.  If you are looking for your best quality photo, open up the blinds and let some natural light in!  Don't use too much artificial light {ex.- lamps}, it makes the photograph grainy, which no one likes!  Don't be afraid to go outside on a clear day, too!  The lighting is 100% natural!

See, the lighting outside is fantastic.  :)


  Taking pictures during the day is a much better idea than at night.  You don't want grainy pictures, as I've said before.

Night time, too much artificial light, and a dark part of my closet.  NOT A GREAT IDEA!

2. Clear + Clean Spaces

  Using a messy desk or a cluttered closet for the subject of your photos isn't such a great idea!  Find a clean, open, area to take your pictures.  A good idea would be a small place between two piece of furniture, such as the photo below.


3. Interesting Subjects

  Are you more interested in seeing pictures of cool things or messy desks?  I'd definitely say cool things!  Try to refrain from posting too many pictures of cluttered places!

4. Editing- Yay or Nay?

  Editing photos isn't an easy task.  You don't want your pictures to look too much like they're edited.  Try some simple, but beautiful, effects instead of gaudy ones.  Use "auto-fix" to get a crisper photo, a LIGHT use of "boost" to make your colors brighter, or black and white and sepia for a vintage look.

~~

  Hope these tips have helped you!  :D

~Carolyn



1 comment:

  1. Eek! Rebecca is adorable in glasses and braids!!!! I really want her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!