4.03.2012

Carry Your Camera Everywhere

Ok, so maybe not EVERYWHERE, but everywhere. You never know what you will stumble upon and chances are, if you don't bring your camera you will miss some amazing opportunities.I recently changed out my purse for a smaller camera bag that holds just my camera, my wallet and a few other things. I cannot express how I feel about always having it with me. I can whip it out at a moments notice, get the shot and continue on with whatever I was doing. If I have one regret, it's waiting so long to start bringing it. At first, I was a big apprehensive because I didn't want people to "judge" me. Now I realize that whipping my camera out in public almost always ends with the confused faces of a few people, but some perfect images in my camera. I don't have any specific pictures to show you of just "whipping out my camera" but, I do have plenty of pictures that I wouldn't have if I didn't tote my camera around everywhere.

Here are just a few:


 The snowball stand where I currently reside opened for the first time this year! It was so delicious that my friend and I are going again after class today :) Snowballs are a major part of my life (for multiple reasons) and I am so glad that I was able to capture my first snowball in my college town so close to the end of my first year as a student here.

  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


For those who don't know, I am a member of a greek society, and Sunday we kicked off the start of Greek Week with a BBQ. The person who was suppose to take the all greek picture didn't show up, and I was asked to take the picture :) Every greek on campus isn't in the picture, but I think that it is a pretty good representation of the whole.

  Image and video hosting by TinyPic


My Friends are always happy to have their pictures taken and quite often use the ones I post on Facebook as their profile pictures.

  Image and video hosting by TinyPic


 There are quite a few theatre kids at my college so, last minute headshots happen rather frequently. (Especially lately for people trying to get summer acting work)

  Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I've been attending a few baseball games, and I almost always get asked if I'm taking pictures for the school newspaper. I'm not currently, but I did submit an application for next year ;) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I was walking one day and found these gorgeous little flowers on a tree. I love them and don't know what I would have done it I wasn't carrying my camera with me :) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 Having your camera with you at all times can open up so many doors for different types of photography. I heavily suggest it to anyone who wishes to further their picture-taking skills.

 ~Karalee



 *A good, sturdy camera case is recommended for the safety of the camera which you will be toting :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! But the camera I use isn't mine. I will get a DSLR eventually, but i have to wait (I just bought an iPod touch on Sunday, and a laptop in September 2011 [day before my birthday, actually, haha] so my parents said no more big things for now) but, when I start my job, that will help a LOT. So, for now, my iPod camera will have to do. ;) Though its not very nice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with the concept of bringing my camera around everywhere! It's really peevish when you see something really great, but don't have anything to take it with.

    By the way, you have some really good stuff here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!