4.26.2012

a tour of a farm

I live on a farm. So I thought I'd give ya'all a bit of a tour. Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to see.

On our farm, we have wheels. And tires.




One of the things I like best about living on the farm is that we have space. Our closest neighbors are 1/4 of a mile down the road. And we have awesome views from all of our windows.
These pictures were taken from the edge of our yard.



Out behind our barn, we have junk, purchased by my dad at farm sales throughout the years. His excuse? "Oh, we might use it someday." With emphasis on the someday, on my opinion.
There's old gears.


Wooden hayracks piled with junk.


Rusty nails and old oil barrels.


Random rock and brick piles from when we've picked up rocks out in the field.


Rusty green wagons.


And we have grain bins. That's where we store corn and soybeans after they're harvested.


And John Deere equipment. Around here, that green and yellow icon is hugely popular.
'John Deere' is among the very first words we learn to spell, and our first hats have the famous jumping deer.


Farm life isn't all about work, though--we do have time for play, too.
That's where the treehouse comes in.


Of course, since it's a farm, we have a few animals, too.



Last but not least, there are flowers blooming all around the yard.





And that, my friends, is a tour of my farm--in photos. It really is much better in real life, but photos shall have to suffice for now.
I hope you have a chance to visit someday!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos Bekah! :)

    ~Emma
    www.emmakate101.blogspot.com

    PS: Follow me?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Us being in the logging business, we accumulate lots of stuff 'we may need someday' (also known as junk to everyone else besides my daddy) :) We have a huge skidder tire mountain in one spot, a line of spare parts, a corner of burned machines, and I could go on, but I digress. :) Nice pictures!
    Hugs,
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!