4.06.2012

Ducks - a Friday post by Rachel (3)

((okay, to start off this post. I have a LOT of explaining to do. First of all, I know this isn't my day. I know that I am on week one and this is Caro's day. But, she posted on my day. (Caro, if you are reading this, please know that I am very thankful you did that as I didn't have time AT ALL. So, yeah, thank you so much!) So, I am filling in for hers. (please note, you don't have to do today, Caro. =) ) But I seriously had no time at all to post last Friday. so, i was very happy to see that Carolyn did. Caro, you ROCK!
Okay, explaining/digressing session is over. XD))

The other day (day after I got my iPod touch, sorry, i just had to add that.) I got some pictures of ducks. I first took some with my iPod, but the quality is kind of horrible, so I went and got the nicer camera.


Okay, there is kind of a story behind these ducks.
When we first noticed we had them coming INTO our yard we started throwing corn to them, then we kind of named them:



Ever since, they've come to our yard every year. (they are the Mallard breed)

They are so  cute. I know, it sounds really funny, but its so cute! Doug is always watching out for Polly. Kind of like in real life, the guy is supposed to look out for the lady. And that's exactly what Doug does! He observes and listens to every noise, and warns Polly when he thinks something is wrong or when someone is coming too close (hence why the pictures aren't the greatest. I can't get very close to them, so I kind of had to zoom, and then they kind of got grainy. :( ah well, such is life!)


Ahh, the all too familiar blurry picture. :P ^





 I kind of got too close to them in this one, so they kind of started walking away. But they came back, of course, after I went farther away. ;)



 Then I had to get some pictures of these pretty flowers. (btw, these were taken after dusk, hence why they aren't as nice, haha)




 And then the blossoms. ;) (like the bokeh in this picture?? ;) )





 And what REALLY saddens me, is I can't get a good picture of the moon. :(




Guess that picture!

The last picture was:


 If you guessed yarn, you were correct!

Actually got this picture from a catalog. XD


This is the new picture! (not too hard, I think.)

Thanks for reading/looking at this whole (long) post. :P

Any favorites?

2 comments:

  1. No problem on posting on your day, and thanks for posting on mine! ;] I haven't had much time for anything. XD Working out kinks in a solo that I have to perform in eight days in my dance recital is becoming very important! XD

    I LOVE your pictures! Ducks are so cute. XD

    I think that the picture is of a violin/viola.

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Everything is all worked out! ;)

    XD aren't they? <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!