7.10.2012

The Fourth {a Monday post by Rachel}

{{Okay, I swore I would never say this, but doing Mondays is getting really hard. Every Monday I work an 8 hour work shift. And it makes for very little time to do a FTP post if I have anything else I am going to be doing that day.
You don't even want to know how many times I pushed the snooze button for my FTP reminder alarm, seriously. and just about the first time I can squeeze this post in, it's already past 10 at night.
So, if, at all possible, you have a Tuesday or a Thursday (Thursday would be the best) and Monday works just fine for you, and you would be willing to trade, PLEASE email me. You don't know what this would mean to me. I really don't want to quit FTP for the Summer, but if this keeps up, I really don't know... Work takes eight+ hours out of the day, and I do have a life besides it.
Thanks for listening to this ramble. :P
so, if you are a Tues or Thurs who can do Mon and is willing to trade, shoot me an email! Thankee!}}

(didn't get many great pictures of fireworks, but I got a great movie, which I will be showing you on my main blog, Summer Breeze)














The Fourth of July has never been a huge holiday in my family. We do the same thing every year.
The younger kids (or whoever wants) goes to our local parade, when we get back we chill and later in the day we go to our local fireworks.
We usually eat Zip-packs (aka foil dinners)
and we always put our flag up.

This year it was a little different, instead of eating Zip-packs we went to a party.
Well, either way, we don't do much to celebrate our independence. Which kind of stinks, because our independence is a big thing in this country. That's the reason why the Pilgrims first came here. They came here to be able to worship however they wanted- they wanted the Freedom of religion, and because of their want for that, we got an amazing country. During that time, God was on the lips of almost everyone. 
Now, this country is much changed since then, anyone can see that.
It came a long way since the Pilgrims first landed on what used to be the Indian's and Spanish's country/land/place where they lived. We now have so many other freedoms, the freedom of speech, the freedom of assembly, the freedom of petition, etc.
Another thing that is very important in our country which used to be a big issue is Racial Equality.

Do you see?
We live in a great country. 
Sure, in some ways it used to be better, but just for a second, look at different countries or provinces, for example, look at Europe, China. 
Yeah, we got it quite good.

So next time you think America is so bad, just look where else you could live.


Guess That Picture:

Last time's picture:

If you guessed earbud, you were correct!

This weeks picture (is pretty easy...):
What IS that?


xo,
Rachel Nicole

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!