3.15.2012

Photography styles

I've been debating about what to post today. The other day, I took a whole bunch of photos (warm weather inspires me), intending to post them on Sunshine Valley and here.
Then I thought, "Maybe I could tell them a little bit more about my photography style."
We all have our own styles. Some of us like portraits, some landscapes, some macro, some black and white, the list goes on and on.
My personal favorite? The little things in life--macro, textures, and so on and so forth. I like to take pictures of things that people don't think about very often. Shingles, shadows, and sunshine.
It seems like everyone's so busy being in a hurry these days that they don't take time to look at the little things in life. It's our job as photographers to capture special moments, ideas, little things, places, and so many other things, so that others might at least take 10 seconds out of their busy day to look at some photos.
I think everyone likes looking at pictures. Some of us like to look at pictures of far off places and dream of sunny beaches and crowded streets. Some of us like to look at pictures that make us think, "Mmm... chocolate chip cookies!"
And it's good that we all have our own style. What would this world be like if no one took pictures of food? What would it be like if no one bothered with portraits? What if no one took pictures for the newspaper?
A world with only one type of photos would be rather boring.

So here are my photos that capture a bit of my photography style.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!