3.13.2012

A Story of a Squirrel.

     So.  A little story to start off this Tuesday morning. :) 
     My family is in the logging business.  As in, we cut down trees for a living.  {Before any one of you tree-huggers get mad - try wiping with plastic toilet paper :D}
     My brother was in the woods the other day, when he saw a tiny baby squirrel fall out of a tree!  He went to it, picked it up, and realized it was a flying squirrel!  He brought it home for me to feed for a couple days, until he could give it to his girlfriend. We put it in a tall plastic tub, so he (or she?) couldn't escape, put a soft piece of fabric in there for him to snuggle with, and got a teeny-tiny baby bottle to feed him warm milk. 
     So, without further ado, here is our squirrel, Buttercup. :)
 {HOW CUTE!! :D}
 {Can you find him in there?!?}
 {Even though he's a flying squirrel, I don't think he's had much practice yet, because he doesn't like jumping from things.}
 {When he gets hungry, he starts to nibble your hand!  We have to feed him several times a day.}
 {Flying squirrels have really long, flat tails that help them steer while in the air.}
 {They also have little wing-like things attaching their front and back feet together that help them stay in the air.}
 {He's very small... not even the size of my hand! :)}
     I hope you enjoyed our squirrel! 
     ~Kellee :)

4 comments:

  1. oh.my.goodness. That is SO awesome! He/she is SO CUTE!!
    I've never EVER seen a flying squirrel before!
    That is so smashingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, he's adorable. I gave him to my brother's girlfriend this weekend, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it means a lot to us!